Of relevance to all schools, colleges and universities is Dr Finian Buckley’s March 5th workshop.
In an age where citizens, workers, voters, employees, students, customers, etc., no longer accept blind edicts from those in positions of power/control, trust is the new currency for social cohesion. Worldwide, there are two hundred trust specialists.
We in REEL are delighted that the internationally renowned Dr Finian Buckley will give an interactive workshop with reference to the following points.
- how we develop trust in others
- what cues that are available to us and how do we make sense of them?
- How trust is central for a positive work life experience, creativity and performance.
- What happens when trust is breached and steps that might be taken to rebuild trust.
We look forward to you joining us on March 5th in the Drumcondra Education Centre at 6.30. Dr Finian Buckley's workshop will begin at 7.30pm.
To book your place see http://ecdrumcondra.ie/courses/reel-events/reel-mar-18
REEL Co. Chair
Invitation to attend a REEL event 9th of October at 7pm in the Drumcondra Education Centre
You are cordially invited to attend our first REEL event of this academic year, taking place on the 9th of October at 7pm in the Education Centre Drumcondra.
Dr. Anne Looney is giving the keynote address, followed by a paper to be read by a DCU graduate.
To register please click this link http://ecdrumcondra.ie/courses/reel-events
We look forward to seeing you there,
The R.E.E.L. Event. St. Patrick's College, Drumcondra, 5th November 2015 7.00pm
Guest Speaker - Tomás Ó Ruairc, Director of The Teaching Council
To download event flyer, please CLICK HERE
Research to Empower Educational Leaders REEL Aims and Visions
The Society for Management in Education in Ireland (SMEI) which celebrated its twentieth year in 2012 was founded by Professor John Heywood in Trinity College Dublin. Its aims were:
• to provide a forum for the dissemination of information relating to management in education
• to promote research in the area
• to enable members to share expertise and experience
• to liaise with other interested national and international organisations
• to achieve these goals through the provision of meetings, conferences, seminars and publications
• to explore and discuss contemporary issues in education.
In 2015 the successor of SMEI entitled “Research to Empower Educational Leaders” (REEL) was formed. REEL is an organisation open to all people within the education sector, acknowledging that school leaders currently work with teachers, parents, students, ancillary staff and outside agencies. As an organisation REEL aims to:
• provide a forum for the dissemination of information and research relating to education and educational leadership
• explore and offer the opportunity for discussion, learning and development between likeminded people
• liaise with other interested national and international organisations
REEL will achieve this through both traditional and modern means including publication of an online magazine (e-zine), and meetings where research in the area of education will be presented. Some of the presentations will also be made available online.